The Inn started out as a small farm in the early 1800's, it's property covered most of the Community Centre directly south of the restaurant. In 1853 the original house was expanded and a general store opened to provide services to the thriving area.
The General Store was active for almost 120 years before closing the doors in the late 1970's, when the property was used only as a residence.
In 1987 "The Mono Centre General Store" changed to "The Mono Cliffs Inn" and since then people have been finding their way to Mono Centre to dine in a relaxed, country atmosphere. Situated in one of the most scenic stretches of the Bruce Trail, next to the Mono Cliffs Provincial Park, the Inn has become a mecca for lovers of food and wine. The inviting cozy pub downstairs, the creaky floors of the Dining Room and "Old Maggie", the Magnolia tree on the deck, are eager to welcome old friends and first-time visitors.
Just minutes from the Inn...
Come to Mono Cliffs to enjoy a day of hiking, cycling or horseback riding on seven beautiful trails. Mono Cliffs is a 750-hectare Natural Environment class park that is part of the Niagara Escarpment Parks System, and the Niagara Escarpment Biosphere Reserve.
The Inn is situated on one of the most scenic stretches of the Bruce Trail...
The Bruce Trail, Canada's oldest and longest footpath, provides the only continuous public access to the magnificent Niagara Escarpment, a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. It is one of only eighteen such reserves in all of Canada.